You are here: Home » Photo » Canon 5DMrkII video mode tutorial (video)
I saw this gem on Vimeo. While it does lack some production quality, it is a very good primer and first time video tutorial for anyone who just pull his 5DMkII out of the box.
How To Use Video Mode on the Canon 5D MK II from Tyler Ginter on Vimeo.
This is a really outstanding tutorial. I have seen humdreds of web vids about DSLR film making, but none go into the nitty gritty of HOW to use a DSLR like this one does. I’ve had a 5D2 for some years but until I saw your vid I did not really know the 5D2′s video functions (sorry, Canon, your official manual is trash!). And here are some ideas to improve it, if I may:
1) Cleaner better-lit footage; I can hardly see what your doing.
2) When you say “press this button”, let us see what button your talking about; I cannot see any of the buttons you are pressing on top of the camera body.
3) Go a bit slower to let us absorb one point before proceeding to another point; we’re beginners, remember!
4) Don’t only explain HOW to do such-and-such; also explain WHY and WHEN to do such-and-such. This is something most web tutorials miss.
5) Please make this into a three-hour seminar and post it as purchasable training content – I’d happily pay for content that really instructs.
Enter your email address below to receive updates each time we publish new content.